The Slot Machine features a patent-pending slot that is cut through the entire thickness of the deck. The slot is a half-inch wide and runs the entire length of the board. We spent months of R&D on this new technology to perfect the dimensions of the slot. See for yourself how well it turned out!
Benefits of the Slot
The design of the slot isn't a random design feature. The slot isolates each side of the deck and allows them to bend independently of each other. When each side of the deck can bend independently we found that there are 3 very significant benefits.
While turning or carving the inside part of the deck naturally bends more than the outside part of the deck. This shortens the inside length of the deck allowing the deck to conform with the turn. Long story short, you can carve harder and turn sharper than ever before!
Better Foot Traction
On any other longboard, it's natural for your heels to come off the deck during a sharp toe side turn. On the slot machine each side of the deck is a slightly different height while turning. This allows your feet to stay firmly connected to the deck while carving and turning.
When pushing on the slot machine each side of the deck bends slightly inward. This forms a subtle taco shape around your foot on top of the deck. In other words, the concave of the deck slightly changes while pushing and goes back to normal when riding. Pretty sweet!
In order to maintain the strength and durability of the deck we used a layer of triaxial fiberglass as the bottom ply of the deck. This makes sure that the deck is super strong and can withhold all the independent loads on each side of the deck due to the slot.
- Bamboo Maple Fiberglass
- 40 x 9 inches
- Gravity Cast Aluminum
- 7 inches
- SHR - Medium Stiffness
- SHR - High Rebound Urethane
- 70mm x 51mm
- Shore 78A
Do I need to buy grip tape for the deck?▼
- Nope! The board comes with a two tone grip tape that provides maximum grip and a stylish look.
Is this a good board for downhill riding?▼
- This board is designed for carving and cruising. You can certainly bomb hills with it but our Carbon Fiber Downhill board is much better suited for that style of riding.
What is the maximum weight rating for the board?▼
- 250 lbs
How much does the board weigh?▼
- The board weights about 8 lbs.
Do you get any wheel bite when making sharp turns?▼
- Not at all. The deck is designed with wheel cut outs to prevent any potential wheel bite.
What is the concave on the deck?▼
- The deck has a very subtle radial concave for ultimate comfort under your feet. It also features a mellow camber which combines nicely with the soft flex of the deck for a nice smooth ride.
How thick is the deck and how many plies does it have?▼
- The deck is 11 mm thick and composed of 5 plies of hard maple in the core and 2 plies of bamboo on the top and bottom. There is also a layer of triaxial fiberglass on the bottom of the deck.