Revolution Quick Start Guide
- Always wear a helmet and other safety gear while riding the electric skateboard.
- Never ride the board in environments or at speeds where you would be uncomfortable or not safely in control if you were on an unpowered skateboard.
- Don’t rely on the brakes to slow down. If there is a lost connection or lose of power you will need to rely on your skating skills (foot braking, carving, bailing, etc) to come to a stop.
- Don’t do drugs, especially if you plan on riding this board.
- Never drink and ride.
- Do not ride the board if you are under the age of 14 years old.
- Before every ride, ensure that all nuts and bolts are properly tightened with the included skate tool.
- Before riding, make sure the remote is connected to the board by checking the blue light around the power button on the board. If the blue light is solid and not blinking your remote is connected.
- Keep fingers, hair and clothing away from the motors while they are spinning.
- After riding, do not touch the motors and rear truck as they may become hot, this is normal. Do not touch them and leave them in a safe place to cool down.
- Never tamper with or modify the electronics of the board. This is unsafe and will void the warranty.
- The throttle and brakes are powerful! Bend your knees and prepare yourself for accelerating and braking.
- Be sure to avoid gravel, water, severe uphill, severe downhill, cracks, tracks, grates, traffic, darkness, obstacles, and poor visibility at all times.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Remote USB Charger
- Skate Tool
- Quick Start Guide
BOARD DETAILS AND OPERATION
Turning on the Board
- Press and release the on/off button
- A blue LED light around the button should start blinking
- Once the remote is turned on and connects to the board, the blue LED will stop blinking and become solid
- The green battery indicator lights should illuminate on the board
Operating the Board
For the best performance and safest experience, make sure the board is fully charged before every ride.
Every time your turn your board on it is defaulted in forward mode, with the motors in the rear propelling the board forward. The motors are located under the stomp pad portion of the grip tape.
In reverse mode, the motors change the direction of their rotation and the board will move in reverse. The motors will now be in the front of the board when traveling down the road.
If the board is left at a standstill for more than 5 minutes it will automatically shut off. This helps maintain battery life in case you forget to turn the board off.
Determine which stance you are. Typically your dominate foot will be your back foot, so if you kick a ball with your right foot try the regular stance, while if you kick a ball with your left foot try the goofy stance. This is not always the case so make sure to try both stances to find which one works best for you. This should be done prior to turning on the board.
Once you’ve determined which stance you prefer be sure to keep a wide stance and low center of gravity. Keeping your knees bent is the key! The board has a lot of power so go easy on the throttle and brake the first few times. When you are accelerating make sure to lean forward to maintain your balance. The reverse is true when braking (lean backwards)! The board can start from a standstill however it is better to give yourself a little push start when taking off.
Turning on the board is exactly the same as a regular longboard. Lean left to go left and right to go right. All of the boards will come with tightened trucks to increase the stability of the board. This means your turning radius will be pretty wide right out of the box. If you want a tighter turning radius just loosen the trucks a little with the included skate tool. However, be sure not to make them too loose...the power of the board can give even experienced riders speed wobbles on flat ground with trucks that are too loose.
To charge the board simply plug the charger into any standard 110-220V AC outlet. Make sure the board is powered off prior to charging. Insert the DC end of the charger into the charging port of the housing. The light on the charger will turn red while charging and blue once the board is fully charged. The charger can get hot while charging, be sure to leave it on a non flammable surface while charging. Once the board is fully charged, the charger light will turn blue and power will stop flowing into the board. This prevents any overcharging of the battery. If the battery is completely drained, it can take up to 4 hours to charge. However, typical charge times range between 2 - 3 hours.
REMOTE DETAILS AND OPERATION
Turning on the Remote
To turn on the remote, slide the power switch on the side of the remote forward. The center indicator light should start blinking green. Once the board is turned on and the remote connects to the board the center indicator light will blink faster.
If the center indicator light is solid red when you turn on the remote turn the remote off. Make sure the throttle is in the center neutral position and turn the remote back on. If the light is still red the remote's battery needs to be charged.
Operating the Remote
For the best performance and safest experience, make sure the remote is fully charged before every ride.
To accelerate, press the throttle forward. To brake, pull the throttle backward. To coast, release the throttle and allow it to spring back into a neutral position.
To change to reverse mode, press the reverse mode button. The left indicator light should illuminate solid red confirming that reverse mode is on.
For reverse mode to engage, the board must be at a complete stop with the throttle in the neutral position.
To turn reverse mode off, press the reverse mode button again. The left indicator light should turn off.
For reverse mode to disengage, the board must be at a complete stop with the throttle in the neutral position.
Be sure to turn off the remote after every ride to save battery life.
Pairing the Remote
If your remote does not connect to your board try the following to repair the remote to the receiver on the board.
- Make sure both the board and remote are fully charged and off.
- Press and hold the reverse mode button on the remote (do not let go of this button until instructed) and turn the remote on. The left indicator light should be blinking fast red and the center indicator light should be blinking slow green.
- While still holding the reverse mode button down, press and hold the power button on the board for about 5 seconds.
- The center indicator light on the remote should start blinking fast green.
- Release the reverse mode button on the remote and the power button on the board.
- Turn off both the board and the remote.
- When you turn the remote and board back on, they should be paired. The blue LED light around the power button on the board should be solid blue and the middle indicator light on the remote should be blinking fast green.
It is very important to keep your remote charged. If the remote has a low charge level it is more likely to lose connection with the board.
If the middle indicator light on the remote is red charge the remote immediately!
To charge the remote, first make sure the remote is switch to the off position. Plug the mini usb connector into the charging port of the remote, then plug the standard USB connector into any USB charging outlet. The right indicator light on the remote will illuminate solid red to indicate the remote is charging.
Performing regular maintenance on the Revolution board is important for best performance and longevity.
Before every ride you should do the following:
- Ensure all of the the truck screws are tight and secure. If they are loose tighten them with the provided skate tool.
- Ensure that the front wheel nuts are secure and tight. The wheels should not rattle when spinning them freely. Tighten the nuts if they are loose.
- Ensure that the front wheels and motors can freely rotate. Do not ride the board if any of the wheels cannot spin freely.
- Inspect the aluminum housing for any abnormalities. Do not ride the board if you find any issues with the housing and contact us immediately.
- Check the connection of the remote to the board by holding the motors above the ground and pressing the throttle on the remote forward. Make sure both motors spin while pressing the throttle forward. Make sure both motors brake while pulling the throttle backward.
After every ride you should do the following:
- Turn off the board and remote.
- Clean the board, motors and wheels of any dirt/mud/debris.
- Allow the motors and housing to cool down.
- Store the board in a cool, dry and well ventilated place.
- Fully charge the board and remote.
Whenever you ride the Revolution board, you risk death or serious injury from loss of control, collisions, and falls. To ride safely, you must read and follow all warnings and instructions in this manual.
The remote can lose connection from the Revolution board at any time due to a variety of factors (radio interference, dead battery, dead remote battery and other factors. Only ride your Revolution board at speeds where you are comfortable stopping without the brakes.
Riding the board in conditions that force the motors to operate at a slow speed (severe slopes, rough terrain, etc) can cause severe damage to the board. Avoid overloading the motors at all times.
Excessive speeds can be very dangerous. Never ride the board faster than you would ride an unpowered board without brakes.
While the board is engineered to handle the everyday loads and vibrations from the road, you should always avoid unnecessary impact loads to your board. This includes, throwing/dropping the board down onto the ground to start riding, riding off curbs or jumps, etc. These types of activities can cause issues with the internal electronics.
The Revolution board is splash proof, however you should always avoid riding on wet/damp/icy surfaces. These surfaces are very slippery and can cause you to lose control.
Remove all moisture from the board as quickly as possible.
Do not ride the board if you hear any abnormal noise coming from the board.
Never leave the board unattended while charging.
Only use the provided Magneto Chargers to charge the board and remote.
Never tamper with the housing, motors and/or electronics. This is unsafe and will void the warranty.
Magneto Skateboards does not accept liability to any damages or injuries incurred while using this product under any circumstances. Nor do we accept any liability for laws broken and product neglect while using this product.