The Glider longboards feature very large 100mm x 25mm urethane wheels. The large diameter and small contact patch of the wheels allow the boards to get over almost any terrain...rough roads, cracks, small rocks, sticks, tree debris, you name it. They also are very fast due to the wheel's large diameter and low rotational inertia. This allows the skater to get up to speed very quickly and maintain speed for a lot longer. In other words, you'll feel like you're coasting forever on these boards.
Benefits of the Gliders
These boards provide a new and totally different experience in longboarding! These boards feature 100mm x 25mm wheels which provide a unique surfy ride with a touch of drift while carving and can get over almost anything in their way. We found that these large wheels offer 3 very significant benefits.
Surf & Drift Riding Style
The small contact patch of the wheels makes it feel like you're surfing on these boards. You can even get the back end to drift out subtle making it feel like you're carving up a glassy wave. The entire ride and performance is very unique and a lot of fun!
The large diameter wheels allow these boards to get over almost anything in their way without you having to fear about getting bucked. If you have ever been thrown off your board because your wheel couldn't get over a small pebble you can now sleep peacefully!
The rotational inertia of the wheel allows them to spin a lot longer than regular wheels. This means you'll get a lot more distance out of each push. The decks are designed to be closer to the ground so that longer rides become a total breeze.
- Bamboo & Maple
- 40 x 9.25 inches
- Medium Stiff
- Gravity Cast Aluminum
- 7 inches
- SHR - High Rebound Urethane
- 100mm x 53mm
- Shore 78A
Do I need to buy grip tape for the deck?▼
- Nope! The board comes with a clear sandblast coating on the top of the deck which provides a super grippy stylish top.
What's the deal with the wheels? Why do they look so different?▼
- The wheels have a large diameter and small contact patch. This allows the board to coast a much further between pushing. It almost feels like you're gliding over the ground...get it?
Can I switch the wheels out for regular wheels?▼
- The entire set up is designed with 100mm x 24mm wheels in mind. If you change the wheels to something smaller or having a larger contact patch you'd likely run into issues with the board dragging on the ground or wheel bite.
Is this a good board for downhill riding?▼
- Nope! That wouldn't be the best idea with this board. Because the wheels are so thin, it could slide out from under your feet very easily with excessive speeds going downhill. The gliders are best for use on the flats or subtle downhills.
What is the maximum weight rating for the board?▼
- 275 lbs
Do you get any wheel bite when making sharp turns?▼
- Not at all. The deck is designed with wheel cut outs to prevent any potential wheel bite.
What is the concave on the deck?▼
- The deck has subtle radial concave with slight reverse camber. This allows the deck to ride closer to the ground while still allowing for great control while turning.